Jessica Snyder joined the Clinic for Special Children as its first Human Resources Generalist in 2023.
As the Human Resources Generalist, Jessica will coordinate all human resources (HR) functions of the Clinic. She will assist in recruitment, onboarding and training, performance review, implementing and enforcing internal policies, ensuring compliance with PA state and federal labor laws, personnel file management, and benefit management.
In her free time, Jessica likes to spend time with her husband and kids, work outside in her yard, and ride her bike along the Susquehanna River.
Why are you passionate about the Clinic?
I am passionate about the Clinic because as the parent of a child with a very rare genetic disease the mission of the Clinic – to serve those with genetic and complex medical disorders – is personal and important to me. I feel fortunate to be able to do something I love (Human Resources) for an organization that does such important work.
- 2016 Society for Human Resource Management, Certified Professional
- 2007 HR Certification Institute, Professional in Human Resources
- 1993 Donegal High School, Diploma
- Human Resources Assistant, Mennonite Home Communities
- Human Resource Manager, Pennsylvania Immigration Resource Center
- Office Manager, Pennsylvania Immigration Resource Center
- Senior Manager of People, Isaac’s Deli, Inc.
- Senior Manager of Stores, Isaac’s Deli, Inc.
- Society for Human Resource Management (National and Lancaster Chapters), member