What Personal Information CSC Collects
- Browsing—IP address and other information about how you use our Website, such as your language preferences and other user settings, the time spent on the Website and on what pages, data entered via webforms, and information to remember you when you visit again;
- Events/Newsletter—First and last name, address, phone number, and email address;
- Donations/Store—When provided, first and last name, address, phone number, email address, and PayPal or Square information; and
- Internship/Residency—First and last name, address, phone number, email address, institution, graduation/completion date, and application driven entries including, but not limited to, area of study/research, personal statement, transcript/employment history, CV, and letter of recommendation.
How CSC Collects Personal Information
- Like most websites, when you visit our Website, CSC automatically collects your IP address and other information about how you use our Website. We use third-party service providers, such as Google Analytics and “cookies,” to help us with collecting and analyzing the Personal Information. To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit this site: https://cookiepedia.co.uk/all-about-cookies;
- Website users who visit our Website and register for an event or conference, sign up to receive CSC e-communications, or our print newsletter voluntarily provide us with their contact information. We use third-party service providers such as Mailchimp to help organize our newsletter and contact information. At any time, you can “opt out” if you do not wish to receive our communications (physical or digital);
- Website users who use our Website to make their gifts or purchase items at our store voluntarily provide us with their payment information through third-party payment and shipping processors PayPal and Square. CSC does not collect or store credit card information and only keeps the contact and other similar information provided by the donor or purchaser. If you do not wish to provide this Personal Information over the Website, please see the other options that are available. When transmitting donation or purchase information on our Website, CSC’s third-party service providers use end-to-end 128-Bit encryption to protect Website users’ Personal Information; and
How CSC Uses Your Information
We use the above Personal Information that we collect to:
- monitor Website traffic to improve our Website and the services we provide to you, and to better understand Website users. We do not use this information to advertise to you. For example, we monitor web traffic to see if certain pages need improving or updated or to make donating easier and browsing between pages more convenient;
- process or fulfill the request for which the information was provided, including communications incident to the request. For example, if you register for one of our events, we will communicate with you about that event or if you sign up for our e-communications we may send you a flyer about an upcoming conference. If you would like to opt-out of our use of any of your Personal Information, you can do so by discontinuing your use of our services by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of any of our emails or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org;
- process or fulfill the request for which the information was provided, including communications incident to the request. For example, if you give us your contact and payment information to make a donation or purchase an item from our store, we will only use that information to facilitate the transfer of the gift to CSC or the purchase of the item;
- process and review applications for the position(s) for which the applicant is applying; and
- CSC is also committed to upholding the law, and may share Personal Information when needed to enforce its rights or comply with the law, or when otherwise compelled to do so. We will never sell or rent your Personal Information, and we will never share your Personal Information with third-parties other than as described below.
Children and Privacy
Our Website is not structured, targeted, or intended to attract children under the age of 13. CSC does not knowingly solicit information from children under the age of 13 or send them requests for their information.
Modifications; Terms and Conditions
Our Website contains a large amount of medical resources, research, and information. Those resources and information do not constitute, and is not, medical advice by CSC or any of its employees, and CSC makes no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy or efficacy of the content of the Website. CSC shall not be liable to any Website user for any damages that arise out of the inaccuracy of any information on the Website or any user’s use of the Website. No matter where the Website is being accessed from, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall apply when determining a user’s and/or CSC’s rights and responsibilities. The content of the Website, including scholarly publications, is protected by federal and state copyright laws. The Clinic for Special Children and graphics that accompany those words are federally registered trademarks.
Help us to continue to provide patients with timely, affordable and effective care!
Our clinic serves as a trusted medical home for families working to prevent and treat genetic illness in their children. Serving predominantly Amish and Mennonite families, the sturdy, timber-framed building was "raised" by the hands of those in the Anabaptist community outside of Strasburg, PA. Inside the clinic is filled with an array of high-tech gene sequencing that allows us to deliver state of the art care in a nurturing environment.