Dr. Laura Poskitt, a board-certified Pediatrician, joined the Clinic for Special Children in July 2019. Her training as a DO (Doctor of Osteopathy) makes her passionate about healing of the whole person, focusing on specific medical needs, but also exploring the social, mental, and emotional aspects of health.
She is a native of Lancaster County and graduated from Hempfield High School. Dr. Poskitt and her husband, Will, have a young son Oliver, and a daughter, Violet. In her free time she enjoys reading historical fiction, traveling to new places, and visiting art museums.
Why are you passionate about the Clinic?
I feel privileged to work at CSC! It is an opportunity to practice medicine in an ideal environment. At CSC, the staff functions like a family and is able to work with some of the most wonderful patients and families. At the same time, CSC provides care using cutting-edge technology and novel genetic research. This combination allows CSC to be a place for compassionate care while working towards a brighter future. I am excited about the work CSC is doing, and even more excited about what is to come.
Dr. Poskitt’s Credentials
Education and Certifications
- Board certified in Pediatrics by American Board of Pediatrics
- 2019 Thomas Jefferson University/Nemours Children’s Hospital Delaware, Chief Pediatric Resident
- 2018 Thomas Jefferson University/Nemours Children’s Hospital Delaware, Pediatric Resident
- 2015 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- 2011 Grove City College, Bachelor of Science in Psychology, pre-medicine concentration
- 2017 – 2018 The Rosenblum Award for Excellence, Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware
- Outstanding Senior Resident in Pediatrics
- 2017 – 2018 Critical Care Award, Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware
- Outstanding Resident Performance in the Area of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
To view Dr. Poskitt’s peer reviewed published papers, please visit our Published Papers page HERE.