Dr. Laura Poskitt, a board-certified Pediatrician, joined the Clinic for Special Children in July 2019. She was promoted as the Clinic’s Medical Director in 2024. Her training as a DO (Doctor of Osteopathy) makes her passionate about healing the whole person, focusing on specific medical needs, but also exploring the social, mental, and emotional aspects of health.
As the Clinic’s Medical Director, Dr. Poskitt manages the clinical operations of the Clinic, oversees our physician team, and develops and implements strategic goals and objects to fulfill the clinical mission of the Clinic. She is also a member of the Clinic’s leadership team.
She is a native of Lancaster County and graduated from Hempfield High School. Dr. Poskitt and her husband, Will, have a young son Oliver, and a daughter, Violet. In her free time, she enjoys reading historical fiction, traveling to new places, and visiting art museums.
Why are you passionate about the Clinic?
I feel privileged to work at CSC! It is an opportunity to practice medicine in an ideal environment. At CSC, the staff functions like a family and is able to work with some of the most wonderful patients and families. At the same time, CSC provides care using cutting-edge technology and novel genetic research. This combination allows CSC to be a place for compassionate care while working towards a brighter future. I am excited about the work CSC is doing, and even more excited about what is to come.
Dr. Poskitt’s Credentials
Education and Certifications
- Board certified in Pediatrics by American Board of Pediatrics
- 2019 Thomas Jefferson University/Nemours Children’s Hospital Delaware, Chief Pediatric Resident
- 2018 Thomas Jefferson University/Nemours Children’s Hospital Delaware, Pediatric Resident
- 2015 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- 2011 Grove City College, Bachelor of Science in Psychology, pre-medicine concentration
- 2017 – 2018 The Rosenblum Award for Excellence, Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware
- Outstanding Senior Resident in Pediatrics
- 2017 – 2018 Critical Care Award, Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware
- Outstanding Resident Performance in the Area of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
To view Dr. Poskitt’s peer reviewed published papers, please visit our Published Papers page HERE.